materials and Methods
Purchase one-time access:Academic & Personal: 24 hour online accessCorporate R&D Professionals: 24 hour online access
One-time access price info
- For academic or personal research use, select 'Academic and Personal'
- For corporate R&D use, select 'Corporate R&D Professionals'
- Differences in obesity prevalence by demographic characteristics and urbanization level among adults in the United States, 2013-2016.JAMA - J Am Med Assoc. 2018; 319 (https://doi.org/): 2419-2429https://doi.org/10.1001/jama.2018.7270
- Obesity and colon and rectal cancer risk: A meta-analysis of prospective studies.Am J Clin Nutr. 2007; 86 (https://doi.org/): 556-565https://doi.org/10.1093/ajcn/86.3.556
- Obesity is an independent prognostic variable in colon cancer survivors.Clin Cancer Res. 2010; 16 (https://doi.org/): 1884-1893https://doi.org/10.1158/1078-0432.CCR-09-2636
- Body mass index at diagnosis and survival among colon cancer patients enrolled in clinical trials of adjuvant chemotherapy.Cancer. 2013; 119 (https://doi.org/): 1528-1536https://doi.org/10.1002/cncr.27938
- Body mass index and outcomes in patients who receive adjuvant chemotherapy for colon cancer.J Natl Cancer Inst. 2006; 98 (https://doi.org/): 1647-1654https://doi.org/10.1093/jnci/djj442
- Impact of body mass index and weight change after treatment on cancer recurrence and survival in patients with stage III colon cancer: findings from cancer and leukemia group B 89803.J Clin Oncol. 2008; 26 (https://doi.org/): 4109-4115https://doi.org/10.1200/JCO.2007.15.6687
- Obesity survival paradox in cancer patients: results from the Physical Frailty in older adult cancer patients (PF-EC) study.Clin Nutr. 2019; 38 (https://doi.org/): 2806-2812https://doi.org/10.1016/J.CLNU.2018.12.011
- The obesity paradox in cancer: epidemiologic insights and perspectives.Curr Nutr Reports. 2019; 83 (2019https://doi.org/): 175-181https://doi.org/10.1007/S13668-019-00280-6
- Influence of body mass index on outcome in advanced colorectal cancer patients receiving chemotherapy with or without targeted therapy.Eur J Cancer. 2011; 47 (https://doi.org/): 2560-2567https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejca.2011.06.038
- Body mass index is prognostic in metastatic colorectal cancer: pooled analysis of patients from first-line clinical trials in the ARCAD database.J Clin Oncol. 2016; 34 (https://doi.org/): 144-150https://doi.org/10.1200/JCO.2015.61.6441
- Overweight is associated to a better prognosis in metastatic colorectal cancer: A pooled analysis of FFCD trials.Eur J Cancer. 2018; 98: 1-9https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ejca.2018.03.031
Metastatic colorectal cancer: ESMO Clinical Practice Guidelines for diagnosis, treatment and follow-up | Elsevier Enhanced Reader n.d. https://reader.elsevier.com/reader/sd/pii/S0923753419340918?token=0BFC1789F0E8345A82F86F67D6B819E5806A735508588A3123330DEE9050863C484420A5F5F1B6A734918E9761F2D837&originRegion=eu-west-1&originCreation=20210615141125 (accessed June 15, 2021).
- Initial therapy with FOLFOXIRI and Bevacizumab for metastatic colorectal cancer.N Engl J Med. 2014; 371 (https://doi.org/): 1609-1618https://doi.org/10.1056/nejmoa1403108
- Updated results of TRIBE2, a phase III, randomized strategy study by GONO in the first- and second-line treatment of unresectable mCRC.J Clin Oncol. 2019; 37 (–3508https://doi.org/): 3508https://doi.org/10.1200/jco.2019.37.15_suppl.3508
- Prognostic and predictive role of neutrophil/lymphocytes ratio in metastatic colorectal cancer: a retrospective analysis of the TRIBE study by GONO.Ann Oncol. 2018; 29 (https://doi.org/): 924-930https://doi.org/10.1093/annonc/mdy004
- Upfront FOLFOXIRI plus bevacizumab and reintroduction after progression versus mFOLFOX6 plus bevacizumab followed by FOLFIRI plus bevacizumab in the treatment of patients with metastatic colorectal cancer (TRIBE2): a multicentre, open-label, phase 3, randomised, controlled trial.Lancet Oncol. 2020; 21 (https://doi.org/): 497-507https://doi.org/10.1016/S1470-2045(19)30862-9
- Obesity and overweight. June 15, 2021; (n.d.) (accessed)
- Global cancer statistics 2018: GLOBOCAN estimates of incidence and mortality worldwide for 36 cancers in 185 countries.CA Cancer J Clin. 2018; 68 (https://doi.org/): 394-424https://doi.org/10.3322/caac.21492
- Cancer cachexia in the age of obesity: Skeletal muscle depletion is a powerful prognostic factor, independent of body mass index.J Clin Oncol. 2013; 31 (https://doi.org/): 1539-1547https://doi.org/10.1200/JCO.2012.45.2722